The Class Search page enables you to search for classes at any or all campuses of The Ohio State University.
You will start from the Class Search page.
1. Click . The Class Search: Search for Classes page will appear.
2. [Optional] Click Additional Search Criteria to reveal more options.
3. Specify your desired search criteria.
There are many possible combinations of search criteria, but keep the following notes in mind:
NOTE: If you select "GEC" as the Course Attribute, you will see an additional message at the bottom of the page: "This GEC category may vary across majors in your chosen college. Please run your Degree Audit Report and/or contact your college office for more specific information."
NOTE: Mode of Instruction is discussed further in step 7, below.
4. Click . The Class Search Results will appear.
Note the special features labeled on the illustration above:
5. This page initially displays only 3 sections, even if there are more listed; in the example above, there are 7 sections of the Math 070 class. Click View All Sections in the blue header bar, as necessary, to view all sections of a given class.
6. Each course may have mutliple listings on this page. If this is the case, locate the class you wish to view and click itslink.
7. Click the Class Detail will appear.link for more information on that specific section. The
It is important to check the class detail for every class in which you enroll, so you can understand what you are signing up for--and ensure that the class will be what you expect. Under "Instruction Mode," you will find information that indicates whether a class is taught "In Person" (in a classroom with an instructor), or by "Distance Learning," or incorporates some other mode of learning--"Clinic Field Experience," for example.
Note the Instruction Mode, which is outlined in red in the example above. This takes the place of the current letter designation after a course number. Available Instruction Modes include:
The following two examples depict Class Details with Instruction Mode of "Distance Learning" and "Clinic Field Experience", respectively (outlined in red).
If desired, use the Mode of Instruction in Additional Search Criteria to limit your search results to a specific Instruction Mode.
8. Click to return to the Class Search Results.
9. From Class Search Results, you can: